Miss GAY
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

cultural appropriation

+12
@_paul_vtt_
paulinecarrio
Sandro Massambi
nail.bslm
linarpz
AurèleG
Eden
Pierre Raspaud
Maxime :3
Manon
teaumace
Admin
16 participants

cultural appropriation Empty cultural appropriation

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:55

Do you know - can you guess what cultural appropriation is? Try to give a short definition and example (without looking online!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://missgay.lebonforum.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

cultural appropriation Empty Re: cultural appropriation

Message  teaumace Mer 30 Mar - 6:58

Admin a écrit:Do you know - can you guess what cultural appropriation is? Try to give a short definition and example (without looking online!)
I think that can be where you say that you are from a culture but in reality you don't like maybe in indian reservations an american can say he is indian to entertain tourist but he is just american and not indian

teaumace

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:58

Admin a écrit:Do you know - can you guess what cultural appropriation is? Try to give a short definition and example (without looking online!)
I think it's when people copy elements of a culture, but it's not their culture so they are fake.

Manon

Manon aime ce message

Message  Maxime :3 Mer 30 Mar - 6:59

I believe it's when people from a huge group take cultural elements from a small group but in a negative way. Sad

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:59

teaumace a écrit:
I think that can be where you say that you are from a culture but in reality you don't like maybe in indian reservations an american can say he is indian to entertain tourist but he is just american and not indian

not exactly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:59

Maxime :3 a écrit:

I believe it's when people from a huge group take cultural elements from a small group but in a negative way. Sad

This is closer. Do you have an example?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Pierre Raspaud Mer 30 Mar - 7:00

In my opinion, cultural appropriation is when a group of people or just somebody steal the culture of another group of individuals.
Pierre Raspaud
Pierre Raspaud

Message  Eden Mer 30 Mar - 7:01

i think cultural appropriation is when you take some elements of a culture and make them yourself, as when you take the routine of eating a croissant for someone who lives in France

Eden

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 7:02

I've heard of it multiple times. From what I've seen, I think it's pretty nonsensical and stupid (sorry, that may be a bit harsh).
So, basically, from what I've heard, it's, according to the people that make accusations of cultural appropriation, when someone does something with a culture without "belonging" to this culture.
For example, if a white person was to wear a traditionnal native American costume, some people would say it's cultural appropriation.

AurèleG

Pierre Raspaud aime ce message

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 7:02

cultural appropriation Culture-not-costume-1

Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  linarpz Mer 30 Mar - 7:03

For me, cultural appropriation is when a person adopt an other cultur which it's not hers. We can say that its pejorative thing 'cause it creates stereotypes and disrespect.
As for example, the costums of Indians in shop

linarpz

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 7:03

Admin a écrit:

it's actually like integration not?
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

Message  Sandro Massambi Mer 30 Mar - 7:03

Cultural appropriation is maybe when you copy elements of different cultures and exploit them in your proper culture.

Sandro Massambi

Message  paulinecarrio Mer 30 Mar - 7:04

I think cultural appropriation is when other people take the customs of a culture that is not theirs.

paulinecarrio

Message  @_paul_vtt_ Mer 30 Mar - 7:04

i think it is when visitors go in a country to do tourism, but they keep the culture of the country where they went
@_paul_vtt_
@_paul_vtt_

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 7:04

AurèleG a écrit:
I've heard of it multiple times. From what I've seen, I think it's pretty nonsensical and stupid (sorry, that may be a bit harsh).
So, basically, from what I've heard, it's, according to the people that make accusations of cultural appropriation, when someone does something with a culture without "belonging" to this culture.
For example, if a white person was to wear a traditionnal native American costume, some people would say it's cultural appropriation.

Exactly. Okay, now please go and read the following articles, and take notes in your copybook on the definitions and arguments against cultural appropriation.

https://www.scarymommy.com/pocahontas-halloween-costume-is-cultural-appropriation

https://suunews.net/2019/10/23/cultural-appropriation-the-scariest-part-of-halloween/

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mathis.C aime ce message

Message  Maxime :3 Mer 30 Mar - 7:04

Admin a écrit:

It can be in a discriminative way or maybe stereotypical. We can imagine a community in a reservation that have it own culture that is taken by tourists from the entire world in a very stereotypical way such as trying to immitate them but with their mind pictures about the culture.pale

Message  Mathis.C Mer 30 Mar - 7:04

nail.bslm a écrit:
Admin a écrit:

No I'm not sure about that because it's negative no?
Mathis.C
Mathis.C

Message  Pierre Raspaud Mer 30 Mar - 7:05

AurèleG a écrit:
Do you think it is actually cultural appropriation when white people use the n-word with other white people ?
Pierre Raspaud
Pierre Raspaud

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 7:05

Eden a écrit:

i think cultural appropriation is when you take some elements of a culture and make them yourself, as when you take the routine of eating a croissant for someone who lives in France
I think that's what it was supposed to be, but nowaday it also applies to just... using a part of a culture, not even a bad way...

AurèleG

Message  Coralie.dmz Mer 30 Mar - 7:06

When you say cultural appropriation, is the fact of "make it look" or take any caracteristics about an orther culture!

Coralie.dmz

Message  Eden Mer 30 Mar - 7:06

nail.bslm a écrit:
Admin a écrit:

i think it's the converse because when someone integrate a culture they aren't from the bigger group

Eden

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 7:08

In my point of view, cultural appropriation is the act of taking or using things from a culture that is not your own, especially without showing that you understand or respect this culture.
For example, the Japan culture would have been stolen by designer in collection just like with KKWB. (Isciane)
Another example: the braid ! Some people that it's a cultural appropriation from African population. (Lara)

isciane.gns

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 7:15

Now here are some arguments in an article that says that there is no such thing as cultural appropriation.
https://observer.com/2017/01/ive-learned-this-the-hard-way-theres-no-such-thing-as-cultural-appropriation/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  tessa.chaix Mer 30 Mar - 7:28

For me, cultural appropriation is when a group of people not respect the traditions, culture of a minority people.

tessa.chaix

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé