Miss GAY
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

+14
Mathis.C
paulinecarrio
Sandro Massambi
teaumace
linarpz
Maxime :3
isciane.gns
Pierre Raspaud
Manon
mathissiuuu
AurèleG
nail.bslm
Julie
Admin
18 participants

Page 1 sur 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  Admin Dim 27 Fév - 16:21

After having read and watched all the documents about cultural tourism, what do you think?
Have you ever experienced this kind of tourism? (not necessarily in Northern America), if so did you like it? if not, would you like to?  
should cultural tourism continue or be stopped?

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsB3GNPxJ_rlbDt6HjgdqwbJrRxSQsxr-9OEq5WeuYdUBBKlep2G1a9_EId1JwvYH1cZw&usqp=CAU

This is a forum, the goal is therefore not to write a very big paragraph, but to say your opinion in a quite short message, then to react to what others say. Think of it as a written debate (which will prepare you for the final task!)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://missgay.lebonforum.com

teaumace, paulinecarrio, Mathis.C, tessa.chaix, AurèleG, Pierre Raspaud, linarpz et aiment ce message

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  Julie Mer 30 Mar - 6:20

i think cultural tourism sould be allowed but only if it is respectful of the environment and respectful of the population

Julie

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty I don't think that cultural tourism is good

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 6:21

Often, the cultural tourism is a shopwindow to improve the economic situation in these regions. When we see deeply what it's really, we can note the abuses of natives workers.
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

Mathis.C aime ce message

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 6:21

I've never visited an Indian reservation or anything like it. I think it's an interesting idea, but considering all the bad sides of it, I wouldn't visit them. I don't think it should necessarily be stopped, I just think more laws should protect the Natives, because right now it's more of a show than visiting a tribe.
In its actual state, cultural tourism does more bad than good to the tribes and gives a false image of it to the tourists.

Dernière édition par AurèleG le Mer 30 Mar - 6:23, édité 1 fois

AurèleG

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:22

Julie a écrit:i think cultural tourism sould be allowed but only if it is respectful of the environment and respectful of the population
okay, and do you think that would be realistically possible?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 6:22

Julie a écrit:i think cultural tourism sould be allowed but only if it is respectful of the environment and respectful of the population
indeed, it's the big problem!
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

Message  mathissiuuu Mer 30 Mar - 6:22

I've never visited an Indian reservation, I think that is good for the native american because the tourism develop the economic ressource of the reservation, but consedering the "fake folklor" I think that not a good idea

mathissiuuu

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty Manon

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:23

I haven't ever experienced this kind of tourism, but I think its a good things to know better the Indian culture.
Cultural tourism should be continue because it's a way of information about Indian and to show their culture.

Manon

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty

Message  Pierre Raspaud Mer 30 Mar - 6:23

I never had the chance to visit any Indian reservation. I wouldlove to visit one because those people and their culture are a part of History.
Pierre Raspaud
Pierre Raspaud

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 6:26

Hey, I have never visited an Indian reservation because I have never travelled in the US. However, I would like to visit an Indian reservation because it allows to understand the lifestyle of these people.(Isciane)

isciane.gns

Eden aime ce message

Message  Maxime :3 Mer 30 Mar - 6:26

I believe that cultural tourism can be an important economic help for natives because that's a good way to developpe their economy even if they have not a lot of opportunities. cheers

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 6:27

i've never been in the northern america or go sightseeing in this case 'cause i don't pay to see a fake culture staging for tourists.
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

Message  linarpz Mer 30 Mar - 6:27

I've already visit cultural place : it was a wonderful and enriching experience.
But it's better to stay in the respect of the culture and not to be too intrusive.

linarpz

Message  Julie Mer 30 Mar - 6:27

Admin a écrit:
okay, and do you think that would be realistically possible?

More rules could be made for the tourists who want to visit the site

Julie

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 6:28

Manon a écrit:I haven't ever experienced this kind of tourism, but I think its a good things to know better the Indian culture.
Cultural tourism should be continue because it's a way of information about Indian and to show their culture.

But most of the time, they're basically faking their old culture to look more traditionnal and be more appealing to tourists. It's not really their culture, but rather the culture the tourists expect to see.

AurèleG

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 6:28

I have never visited a Reservation , and I don't think I would love to because nowaday there is a bussiness about these visits. Nevertheless, I would enjoy to met Natives 'cause we can learn a lot from them.
(Lara).

isciane.gns

Message  teaumace Mer 30 Mar - 6:29

I think visting tribes can be good or not. And that depend on where is the tribe because some tribes have been "marketed" by greedy buisness man who take their heirloom to make money on them. But in some region it's very respectful like in Canada where they share their history with respectful tourist without any bad sides (or well hided)

teaumace

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:29

mathissiuuu a écrit:I've never visited an Indian reservation, I think that is good for the native american because the tourism develop the economic ressource of the reservation, but consedering the "fake folklor" I think that not a good idea
okay, so you're saying something, and then the exact opposite, so should it continue? or be stopped?
Admin
Admin
Admin

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  Empty No no no !

Message  Sandro Massambi Mer 30 Mar - 6:29

I've never been in an indian reservation. But in my opinion, this isn't a good idea to make tourism and money on cultures. You can easily bother the people that you will discover by steping on precious sites or by breaking a precious object.

Sandro Massambi

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:30

isciane.gns a écrit:I have never visited a Reservation , and I don't think I would love to because nowaday there is a bussiness about these visits. Nevertheless, I would enjoy to met Natives 'cause we can learn a lot from them.
(Lara).

That's interesting Lara, but where do you think you would have the possibility to meet a native, appart from a way that is, in one way or another, related to tourism?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  Maxime :3 Mer 30 Mar - 6:31

Pierre Raspaud a écrit:I never had the chance to visit any Indian reservation. I wouldlove to visit one because those people and their culture are a part of History.  

So, which tribe are you interested about if you visit any of the Indian reservations? Question

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:31

AurèleG a écrit:
Manon a écrit:I haven't ever experienced this kind of tourism, but I think its a good things to know better the Indian culture.

But most of the time, they're basically faking their old culture to look more traditionnal and be more appealing to tourists. It's not really their culture, but rather the culture the tourists expect to see.

Yes but visitors want to visit the real culture so they are a little bit informated about the Indian subject so they know what Indian culture looks like

Manon

Message  teaumace Mer 30 Mar - 6:32

Sandro Massambi a écrit:I've never been in an indian reservation. But in my opinion, this isn't a good idea to make tourism and money on cultures. You can easily bother the people that you will discover by steping on precious sites or by breaking a precious object.
You are making generality here. Yes in some reservation that's the case but not in all and not everywhere

teaumace

Message  linarpz Mer 30 Mar - 6:32

nail.bslm a écrit:i've never been in the northern america or go sightseeing in this case 'cause i don't pay to see a fake culture staging for tourists.

Isn't necessarily always fake culture...

linarpz

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 6:32

where is the best place to discover the native cultural ?
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant