Miss GAY
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

+14
Mathis.C
paulinecarrio
Sandro Massambi
teaumace
linarpz
Maxime :3
isciane.gns
Pierre Raspaud
Manon
mathissiuuu
AurèleG
nail.bslm
Julie
Admin
18 participants

Page 4 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 4 Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  Coralie.dmz Mer 30 Mar - 6:57

[quote="Admin"]Even if you haven't visited a reservation, the question of tourism and photography is also an interesting one. When you travel, or even around home, do you sometimes take pictures of people? Do you ask them before you take their pictures? Or do you just take it?
The example of the Favelas in Rio is a good one, a lot of people take pictures of the houses because they are colourful, but it's actually the poorest place in Rio de Janeiro, it's quite a dangerous place to be for tourists, and does it really show respect to walk around just to take pictures of the houses and poor children in the streets ?

When I travel : yes I take pictures but not with people without their permission ! I prefer take pictures of the landscapes rather than the poverty to make the " buzz"

Coralie.dmz

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 4 Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 6:58

paulinecarrio a écrit:
Admin a écrit:Even if you haven't visited a reservation, the question of tourism and photography is also an interesting one. When you travel, or even around home, do you sometimes take pictures of people? Do you ask them before you take their pictures? Or do you just take it?
The example of the Favelas in Rio is a good one, a lot of people take pictures of the houses because they are colourful, but it's actually the poorest place in Rio de Janeiro, it's quite a dangerous place to be for tourists, and does it really show respect to walk around just to take pictures of the houses and poor children in the streets ?

I think it's disrespectful to take pictures of people without asking for their permissions, it makes look like they're animals, we're not in a zoo!!

I agree! And besides, even if they do not feel that way, they can feel really bad, seeing a tourist that is wealthy in comparison to them going into their neighbourhood (or country) and take pictures without asking. It can feel like you're only going there to see poverty without doing anything about it.

...But it's still better than covering your eyes and ignoring they exist. It can even inform people about their situation which might help them in the end.
But if you do nothing with the picture, well, I don't think you should take it.

AurèleG

Message  Eden Mer 30 Mar - 7:00

Admin a écrit:Even if you haven't visited a reservation, the question of tourism and photography is also an interesting one. When you travel, or even around home, do you sometimes take pictures of people? Do you ask them before you take their pictures? Or do you just take it?
cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu2_d80ephuzbsKkdBYhyatUVr0ggZnuEEbpIS1UF3BNXlKfJCuRtTsp7mXZHyUNC7RLM&usqp=CAU
cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 4 Unidentified-children-favela-rocinha-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-feb-largest-brazi-people-live-making-35443602

I think you can completly take pictures of people in the street but not in front of their houses. But in my opinion it's important to take pictures of people during a travel because it captures the essence of the place.

Eden

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 7:01

When there is a landscape, we take photos about it but when there is someone, we wait that the person leaves and if the person is still presents we don't take the picture.

(Lara and Isciane)

isciane.gns

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 4 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4