Miss GAY
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

+14
Mathis.C
paulinecarrio
Sandro Massambi
teaumace
linarpz
Maxime :3
isciane.gns
Pierre Raspaud
Manon
mathissiuuu
AurèleG
nail.bslm
Julie
Admin
18 participants

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:33

Sandro Massambi a écrit:I've never been in an indian reservation. But in my opinion, this isn't a good idea to make tourism and money on cultures. You can easily bother the people that you will discover by steping on precious sites or by breaking a precious object.

I partly agree, BUT you've seen the state of Indian reservations in the US today, many of the people living there live much below the poverty level. For these people, tourism is sometimes the only source of income that they have.
+ what do you think about what they said in the video: "we have things to say". Without tourism, wouldn't many cultures and traditions be forgotten?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://missgay.lebonforum.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Empty Re: cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?

Message  paulinecarrio Mer 30 Mar - 6:33

I've never experienced this kind of tourism but I would like to because I love to discover new countries and new cultures aswell.

On the one hand, I think cultural tourism should be continued because it helps to bring jobs and money to the country (who needs it), it's a good way to keep the stories and memories of culture too.
But on the other hand, it amplify the stereotypes of the culture (kind of racism) and sometimes, natives don't even earned the money that they shoud have.
So, this kind of tourism should be continued but only for the good sides.

paulinecarrio

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Empty Yes why not

Message  Mathis.C Mer 30 Mar - 6:33

After i read all the documents, I think i would like to try this kind of tourism in my life. Because it a once in a life time experience. I think the thing to do absolutely it's to discover the typical cultur of the native.  

Dernière édition par Mathis.C le Mer 30 Mar - 6:40, édité 1 fois
Mathis.C
Mathis.C

Sandro Massambi aime ce message

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 6:34

Pierre Raspaud a écrit:I never had the chance to visit any Indian reservation. I wouldlove to visit one because those people and their culture are a part of History.  

I agree with you but there are too many bad things like Native Americans are invented things like dances just for tourism so it's a little bit superficial. What a pity ! (Isciane)

isciane.gns

Message  tessa.chaix Mer 30 Mar - 6:35

I have never been to a reservation, I think it's a good thing for their economy for example, they can earn a lot of money, and lot of new jobs which are easy and don't need to be studied because it's only to welcome tourists : cofee shop for example.
My opinion is divided, because it is possible some habitants not feel good because we visit their sacred place and tournism can create racism.

tessa.chaix

Eden aime ce message

Message  linarpz Mer 30 Mar - 6:36

I think cultural tourism sould continu 'cause its a mean of culture's learning, especially the Indian culture. But it's still too much sterotypes of the Indian which spoil the beauty of this culture

linarpz

Message  @_paul_vtt_ Mer 30 Mar - 6:36

I don't think that is a really good idea because it bother for local populations
@_paul_vtt_
@_paul_vtt_

Message  nail.bslm Mer 30 Mar - 6:36

linarpz a écrit:
nail.bslm a écrit:i've never been in the northern america or go sightseeing in this case 'cause i don't pay to see a fake culture staging for tourists.

Isn't necessarily always fake culture...
it's true, yes! but all the time is the case. and it's difficult today to discover them real culture. for example when we buy a souvenir it's often did by a foreign country like "made in china" and it's not necessarly made by the natives : it's not handmade.
nail.bslm
nail.bslm

linarpz aime ce message

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

isciane.gns a écrit:Hey, I have never visited an Indian reservation because I have never travelled in the US. However, I would like to visit an Indian reservation because it allows to understand the lifestyle of these people.(Isciane)
Do you think they have too negative aspects of the Indian tourism ? confused

Manon

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Empty FOR MAXIMUS

Message  Pierre Raspaud Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

Maxime :3 a écrit:I believe that cultural tourism can be an important economic help for natives because that's a good way to developpe their economy even if they have not a lot of opportunities.  cheers
I agree with you. However, Natives still poor even if they do cultural tourism (case of Pine RIdge Reservation: you can try to find it on the net). More over, natives have many issues like drunkness or addiction. They need help from the US government.
Pierre Raspaud
Pierre Raspaud

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

Manon a écrit:
AurèleG a écrit:
Manon a écrit:I haven't ever experienced this kind of tourism, but I think its a good things to know better the Indian culture.
Cultural tourism should be continue because it's a way of information about Indian and to show their culture.

But most of the time, they're basically faking their old culture to look more traditionnal and be more appealing to tourists. It's not really their culture, but rather the culture the tourists expect to see.

Yes but visitors want to visit the real culture so they are a little bit informated about the Indian subject so they know what Indian culture looks like

Right, but sometimes it can lure tourists that aren't informed about it. And besides, the tourists shouldn't have to have researched the subject to know it is fake (or partially fake), it should be obvious to them, like if they were told "This does not represent the truth, the culture was modified to fit tourism". But then again, that's not something they'll do considering the main goal of this faking is to *not* look fake to tourists.

AurèleG

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

As a personal example, I told you about Laos in South East Asia, in the US, I didn't really go to visit tribes directly, but I went to Monument valley in Arizona

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Monument-valley-1

Monument Valley is actually ON a native reservation, so the guides can only be part of the Navajo community. Is that a bad thing?
Admin
Admin
Admin

paulinecarrio, Mathis.C, nail.bslm et Coralie.dmz aiment ce message

Message  Eden Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

I've never visit a reservation but I've already visit museums about autochtone's life in other countries. I think this kind of tourism is attractive because each tourist want to experience the reality of autochtone population's lives, but on another hand, many know that it's not the truth and don't know who trust to live a sincere experience. I would like to experience it because this kind of experience is a one-in-a-lifetime experience.

Eden

paulinecarrio aime ce message

Message  paulinecarrio Mer 30 Mar - 6:37

Sandro Massambi a écrit:I've never been in an indian reservation. But in my opinion, this isn't a good idea to make tourism and money on cultures. You can easily bother the people that you will discover by steping on precious sites or by breaking a precious object.

But sometimes, those countries are really poor and they need this money, if not, they don't earn money and keep living in poverty.

paulinecarrio

Message  Eden Mer 30 Mar - 6:38

Mathis.C a écrit: After i read all the documents, I think i would like to try this kind of tourisme in my life. Because it a once in a life time experience. I think the thing to do absolutely it's to discover the typical cultur of the native.  

but would you still do it if it bothers native's lives?

Eden

Message  Coralie.dmz Mer 30 Mar - 6:40

It was a topic that really interested me. I’ve never been able to discover their customs, and their land but I'd love it. I'm already going to US to the death Valley but unfortunately where we want, there wasn't indians reservation. I think it should continue cultural tourism, because we can learn a lot and they can teach us things about their way of life, and it is important to do not forget their past and we must help them !

Coralie.dmz

Message  Admin Mer 30 Mar - 6:40

Eden a écrit:
Mathis.C a écrit: After i read all the documents, I think i would like to try this kind of tourisme in my life. Because it a once in a life time experience. I think the thing to do absolutely it's to discover the typical cultur of the native.  

but would you still do it if it bothers native's lives?

what do you mean exactly with "bother"?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Message  isciane.gns Mer 30 Mar - 6:40

nail.bslm a écrit:i've never been in the northern america or go sightseeing in this case 'cause i don't pay to see a fake culture staging for tourists.

I am totally agree with U, I think it's a shame to go on a trip to visit something which have been build by businessman who are outsiders to respond at the wishes of Americans.
The Natives should have the means to show their culture without business owner to stop their authenticity.
(Lara)

isciane.gns

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:40

AurèleG a écrit:
Manon a écrit:
AurèleG a écrit:
Manon a écrit:I haven't ever experienced this kind of tourism, but I think its a good things to know better the Indian culture.
Cultural tourism should be continue because it's a way of information about Indian and to show their culture.

But most of the time, they're basically faking their old culture to look more traditionnal and be more appealing to tourists. It's not really their culture, but rather the culture the tourists expect to see.

Yes but visitors want to visit the real culture so they are a little bit informated about the Indian subject so they know what Indian culture looks like

Right, but sometimes it can lure tourists that aren't informed about it. And besides, the tourists shouldn't have to have researched the subject to know it is fake (or partially fake), it should be obvious to them, like if they were told "This does not represent the truth, the culture was modified to fit tourism". But then again, that's not something they'll do considering the main goal of this faking is to *not* look fake to tourists.
But do you think that if they have the real history visitors continue to visit this type of tourism ? They have many historical tourism who fake many part of history too interest people and to get money ?

Manon

Message  Julie Mer 30 Mar - 6:40

On one hand, cultural tourism is a good way for the people in question to earn money and show their real culture and customs to the world, on the other hand, the tourists destroyed the site and could be really intrusive

Julie

Message  mathissiuuu Mer 30 Mar - 6:41

Maxime :3 a écrit:I believe that cultural tourism can be an important economic help for natives because that's a good way to developpe their economy even if they have not a lot of opportunities.  cheers

I agree with you but the way the way it is done is not a really good, because the native don't really enjoy the money

mathissiuuu

Message  AurèleG Mer 30 Mar - 6:41

Admin a écrit:As a personal example, I told you about Laos in South East Asia, in the US, I didn't really go to visit tribes directly, but I went to Monument valley in Arizona

cultural tourism and social media: exploration or exploitation ?  - Page 2 Monument-valley-1

Monument Valley is actually ON a native reservation, so the guides can only be part of the Navajo community. Is that a bad thing?

Well, if the guides are treated well, I think that's a good thing! It can bring activity to the reservation (and thus money) plus it might feel more real/natural if the guide was actually born and raised here (without hurting them)

AurèleG

Pierre Raspaud aime ce message

Message  Manon Mer 30 Mar - 6:41

Eden a écrit:I've never visit a reservation but I've already visit museums about autochtone's life in other countries. I think this kind of tourism is attractive because each tourist want to experience the reality of autochtone population's lives, but on another hand, many know that it's not the truth and don't know who trust to live a sincere experience. I would like to experience it because this kind of experience is a one-in-a-lifetime experience.
What elements are not the truth ? confused

Manon

Message  teaumace Mer 30 Mar - 6:43

Pierre Raspaud a écrit:
I agree with you. However, Natives still poor even if they do cultural tourism (case of Pine RIdge Reservation: you can try to find it on the net). More over, natives have many issues like drunkness or addiction. They need help from the US government.
yes it's true and we know that's been a very long times they abandonned them and they put them on this reservations so I don't think that they can do anything for them except if a kind president is elected

teaumace

Pierre Raspaud et Maxime :3 aiment ce message

Message  Pierre Raspaud Mer 30 Mar - 6:43

@_paul_vtt_ a écrit:I don't think that is a really good idea because it bother for local populations
I think that your arguments are "aberrant" (GMK). Why doyou think it bother natives? bounce
Pierre Raspaud
Pierre Raspaud

Maxime :3 et mathissiuuu aiment ce message

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 4 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant